Wednesday 12 November 2014

HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER MADNESS

Helllloooo! 

This morning, okay fine afternoon, I woke up craving peanut butter banana sandwich. Opened the fridge to find that my peanut butter has expired; for 2 weeks. Not wanting to leave the house, I decided to why not just make my own! 

I scavenged for some peanuts and yay, I found a fresh packet of peanuts in the cupboard. 

Knowing that it's best to use a food processor, I took out my blender; I don't own a food processor :( 

Then I thought I'll share it with all of you on how I make my peanut butter. 

Here's what you'll need: 
150g Peanuts 
1/2 tsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp sugar (optional) 

Steps: 

1. Add peanuts into blender. 





2. Blend for 30 seconds. The peanuts will become bread crumbs texture. 





3. Add the olive oil and continue to blend for another 30 seconds. It will look something like this. 






4. Continue blending for 1 minute. I did it as 3 x 20 seconds to scrape down the sides. Add the sugar in, depending on the taste of the peanut butter. Some prefer sweet, some don't. 




5. Finally, blend it for another minute and you'll get this smooth and creamy texture. 





6. Transfer the peanut butter into a container and refridgerate it! The greatness of knowing what exactly is in the yummy goodness is what makes it taste even better than they usually do. 





There you go! Let me know if you tried it out and also pass me your recipe for peanut butter or any other kinds like almond, cashew, etc. 

Just leave me a comment below and I'll definitely read it! Have a great day! 

P.S. The peanut butter goes great with bananas. Just saying. 


xoxo, elly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment