Tuesday 13 January 2015

HOMEMADE S'MORES

Today I'm going to talk about how I made S'mores at home. 

It was just a regular Sunday evening, and I've already had dinner. Had a craving for something sweet so I went over to the pantry to see what's there. 

I found a packet of marshmallow. First thing that came to my head is to roast them. But in order to do that, I would need a fire pit or grill. Not having either, I put it back to the side. Looked further and found some Hershey's milk chocolate nuggets. Took a piece and ate it. I glanced once more and the digestive biscuits caught my attention. 

Cheesecake? I have gelatin, I have cream cheese, and I have sugar. The basic ingredients that I need for a cheesecake and I have them. However, I didn't feel like standing in the kitchen baking for an hour. Then the sweetness of the world hit me. S'MORES. 

I needed a tray to place my biscuits/cookies on. I couldn't find any that would fit in the airfryer (this really cool machine that cooks almost everything). Then I recalled the cupcake casing I bought at IKEA a couple of months ago. And since the digestive biscuits are round, it fit in perfectly. 

Here's how I did it: 

Place the digestive biscuit top facing down in the cupcake case. 

Add some chopped/broken up pieces of milk chocolate on the biscuits. I used 1 and a half chocolate nuggets. 

Take a marshmallow, tear it in half and place it on top of the chocolates. I used 2 whole marshmallows - 4 halves. 

I then placed another biscuit above to have it more like a sandwich feel. But you can leave this out. It doesn't really matter if you don't have the top covered. 

Put the product in the air fryer and turn it on. Wait for about 2 mins and take it out. Your eyes will first explode at the deliciousness sight of the amazing sweet dessert. 



There you have it! Hope it is as easy for you as it was for me! Enjoy :) 



xoxo, elly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment