Tuesday 11 November 2014

Breakfast

Good morning! 

Or afternoon, or evening, wherever you are in the world. 

I was looking up different breakfast idea that I can prepare a day in advance. I found many different kinds from fruity to savoury; but none of it seemed satisfying. Thus, I decided to why not tweak it a little :) 


1. Pancakes 

This is the classic pancakes from a box (or bottle). I purchased a really convenient form of pancake mix that came in a bottle. All I had to do was add water and shake the bottle. Very simple and really delicious. 

I'm not a big fan of pancakes so what I did instead was to make it really thin, spread peanut butter on it, folded it, spread more and folded it again. I added sliced bananas as well. It's really tasty and a must try. I'll take a picture of it the next time I do it and will post it on Twitter (@ellysharday).


2. Overnight Oats

I hated oats growing up. I found it really gross looking (c'mon, it does look like vomit). However, recently I've got sick of cereals for breakfast that I decided to why not try oats again. 

I bought a mason jar when I saw it on sale at a store and I also bought oats, soy milk, strawberries, blueberries, more bananas, and mixed nuts.  When I reached home, I poured in 1/2 cup oats and 1/2 cup soy milk. Covered it and placed it in the fridge. 

I mashed 1/4 banana to the consistency of baby food, added 1 chopped strawberry, and 1 table spoon of blueberries. Kept it in an air tight container and left it in the fridge. 

The next morning, I added the banana strawberry blueberry mix into my mason jar with the overnight oats. And goodness. It tasted nothing like how it did before. I would definitely recommend it. You can skip the strawberries and blueberries as adding the banana alone already makes it a whole lot better. 


3. Eggs 

The simplest form of savoury food. There are so many different ways to cook eggs, I've decided to dedicate a blogpost to it, hahaha. This time I promise there'll be pictures! 


That's it for today's blogpost. I hope you liked it, and I recommend you to try the pancake and overnight oats. They both are incredible. Check back soon for my blogpost on eggs! Have a great day! 

You can also ask me questions on Twitter (@ellysharday). I'll reply every single one of them :) 

ALSO, let me know some of your favourite breakfast ideas! I'll like to try it :) 


xoxo, elly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment